Thursday, April 27, 2006

Editing progress

The editing process is going superbly well. After the initial re-writes, I sent out my first draft copy of the manuscript to my wife and mother in law (Who are both very, very well read). My wife has so far given me the first comments and allowed me to go through them, and I am very pleased with the things she has caught. I made a good choice in placing her on my Beta Reader list. She tells me what works, what doesn't, and where I messed up the comma placement (again).

While this is going on, I am training myself to recognize weak writing while I am doing it, rather than afterwards. The more practice with this that I get, the better I will become, and hopefully the end result will be superb and powerful writing. I am picking up the latter half of the craft, and I am loving it. What's more, my beta readers seem to be enjoying the book. Folks, it just can't get any better than this - writing, having people read it, and having people entertained by it.

Demon (working title) has been put on hold so that Afterlife book 1 can go through it's editorial process sooner. The YA market is hot right now and a lot of publishers are open to new voices in YA. I am trying to get this done with high quality writing before that window closes so that maybe, JUST maybe, I can put a publishing credential on my resume. Time will tell.

(There might be a rant later on. Stay tuned)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home