Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Busy busy busy

It's been a very busy weekend, and a busy start to the week, in which I didn't get much writing done. I did, however, get a breakthrough in a stuck part of Demon. Now I can go back and make some more forward progress on it while my crack editing team continues work on Afterlife book 1.

The good part about it, is that my primary beta reader told me that she had planned to stop reading at one point so that she could go work on some of her art, but couldn't put the book down. She also gets all of the characters, she even fights for them (A message from her yesterday "That cop can't do that, there is no evidence and besides, Mark OWNS the house!). Her reactions have been even better than I was hoping for. I hope this bodes well for others that read the polished version - I love to entertain.

And really, that's why I write, so that I can entertain whoever is reading. It's what I live for, it's what I long for. I am working hard to polish my craft in the initial drafts: no more passive voice, no more weak sentences (I missed a lot of that when I did the first draft revision. Second draft is revealing a lot, but not quite AS bad as I thought it would be). So here's to the hope of a successful story that's being polished and to the successful completion of the next book (Demon) so I can start on Afterlife Book 2.

So many stories, so little time :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home