Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Slow summer start

The last two weeks haven't seen much productivity from me. The manuscript for afterlife book 1 is stuck in the middle of chapter 4 in the edits (it's a 17 chapter book). I haven't written anything in the last week, and the story demons are starting to tear at my mind.

It's a very interesting thing that happens - when I don't write for a period of time, my mind, or muse, or whatever it is, starts randomly sending scenes and dialogue to me throughout the day. The longer I go without writing, the more frequent these become until I really can't focus on much else. Today is a no-focus day. Tonight I am going to work on Demon while giving my beta readers more time to get through some of the edits. My goal is to get a large stack ready for me to revise so I don't have to stop as often.

So let's hear it for kicking the tires and lighting the fires!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home