Friday, May 12, 2006

Who is your hero?

This is probabl more of a personal post than I really wanted to be in this blog, but it has merit.

Ever since I was a kid - we are talking like 8 years old, I have read Stephen King. I can't say I am the world's biggest fan, but I can say that as far as writing goes, Mr. King is my absolute Idol. He has inspired me to write more than any other human on earth. I am not obsessed with him (I dont care what he eats for breakfast or anything like that), but if you ask me who I would most like to meet before I die - it would be him. Just to chat with him about the craft of what we do.

Last night I had a dream that I was able to spend the day with him, talking to him about writing. It was a great dream, and one that I hope maybe, one day, could happen. Though I don't think I will ever have enough notariety to meet him as peers, I hope I will get to meet him as at least a fan.

So, who is your writing idol? Who has inspired you the most to write?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home