Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Sorry for the delay!

I am so sorry for the delay. Eight days with no post is odd for me, but it's been exceptionally busy at work and at home, so I haven't had a chance to pop in even for a little while.

In the meantime I DID start a new Blog - this new one is for horror writing and general writing (what I have been putting here) and this current one will be based on progress on the Afterlife book series.

Speaking of that - Demon is slowly going forward (6,000 words)(Hey I did say I was busy) and the afterlife is caught up in edits to chapter 6 (only 12 more to go). I am not happy with my progress in either direction, and if I am ever going to get something ready for the November conference I really need to hustle.

Mind that all this editing (drafts 3 and 4) are all on paper, not digital yet (traditional red pen). I would love to have Demon ready for November, but I honestly don't think that is going to happen. Editing at this level is slow going - can you imagine trying to edit two manuscripts at the same time? Not going to happen. I will have the writing done by then, but the edits on it - no way. Not unless I recruit another beta reader to do that one for me at the same time Afterlife book 1 is being finished.

However, I do have the first 3 chapters. I am going to put the edits into them and post them on my up-and-coming website soon. Until that site is done, I will post them here. And then all three of you loyal readers can see just what sort of rubbish I write.

I hope to do that this weekend. So here's to hoping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home